Set new Default for a Workspace?

Grant

Nov 17, 2023, 5:43:06 AM11/17/23
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,

How can I change the default view for a workspace (after having used the ´set as default for this tab"

Right now, the option is greyed out after setting it once.

The only way to make a change seems to be to use the 'make new workspace' option on the tab, delete the old one, and set the new default on the new workspace.

M. Leigh Bender

Nov 17, 2023, 11:12:46 AM11/17/23
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Grant,

You can open the workspace, change to the new view then select "set default for this tab" again. That should save the new view to that workspace.

Leigh

Respectfully,

Leigh

Grant

Nov 27, 2023, 5:05:29 AM11/27/23
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Leigh,
But if I add a column to the view, or change from list to hierarchy, I still only have a greyed-out 'set as default'  option.
Is the problem that I have not created a formal view for this workspace, and am assuming that ' save as default '  applies to any changes I make in the layout?

michael....@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2023, 11:33:40 AM12/14/23
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Grant,

Sorry for the long/delayed response. If you make a change (add a column) in the view, yes the "set as default" option is greyed-out as you are still in the default view. Your assessement is correct in that you'd have to make a new formal view then save it as the new default for that workspace. At least that's how it worked when I tried to replicate your situation.

Leigh