Where are Android Files Stored

Michael Shuffett

Nov 8, 2013, 10:30:10 AM11/8/13
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I am an owner of a pro account and I will be switching to a new Android phone very soon. I was wondering where the database is located so I could back it up before my switch.

Benjamin X Yang

Nov 11, 2013, 3:16:11 AM11/11/13
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I like to know too.

Michael Shuffett於 2013年11月8日星期五UTC+8下午11時30分10秒寫道:

Dwight

Nov 11, 2013, 10:34:04 AM11/11/13
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
There is no profile file (*.ml) on Android. The profile information is stored in a database under SQLITE. I have heard about several people trying to directly access the profile data via SQLITE but I have not heard of anyone succeeding.

The feature that is supposed to help people in Michael's situation is MLO/Android integration with Mybackup, which should allow you to back up your profile to an external device and restore it to your new phone. However, I need to tell you that people who have tried to do this lately (including me) have been unsuccessful.

Someone (I forget who) discovered that the Mybackup records seem to be tied to the version of MLO that was present when Mybackup was installed. This suggests the following workaround:
1. If Mybackup is installed on either phone, remove it.
2. Ensure the old phone has the current version of MLO.
3. Install Mybackup to the old phone.
4. Configure Mybackup to back up MLO.
5. Create backup and copy them to a location off of the old phone.
6. Ensure the new phone has the same version of MLO as the old phone has.
7. Install Mybackup to the new phone.
8. Restore MLO data via Mybackup.

This workaround is untested so you should verify that you tasks were restored correctly before doing anything to clear them from the old phone. Also, if you try this workaround please come back to this forum and tell us how it worked.

Meanwhile, most people that I know of who need to migrate from one phone to another have used MLO's cloud sync.
-Dwight
MLO Betazoid & Moderator
Via k@mail on sgn2

robisme (Olivier R)

Nov 12, 2013, 6:02:06 PM11/12/13
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Absolutly, cloud-sync is a seamless solution, as for contacts and calendars synced with google account.

bs27975

Nov 21, 2013, 5:16:37 PM11/21/13
On Tuesday, 12 November 2013 18:02:06 UTC-5, robisme (Olivier R) wrote:
Absolutly, cloud-sync is a seamless solution, as for contacts and calendars synced with google account.

That assume but a single mlo file, does it not?