Create a task directly in folder?

mikolajek

Jan 3, 2017, 4:16:16 AM1/3/17
to MyLifeOrganized
I'm a new MLO user and so far love it! :) I've only come across one thing that bothers me - is it possible to add a task directly in a folder?

Each time I try to do that (e.g. put cursor on a folder name, righ-click on it and select "New Task" - the task is created outside it anyway :(.
The problem for me is that I've made a lot of customized views that allow me to manage my projects and I'd like to add tasks directly when browsing those views. At the moment what happens is: I add task, enter it's title and it disappears from the view. I need to find it manually using some other view and manually move it to the folder of choice. This is annoying and counter-productive.

I can't imagine there is no way to do so, it's probably just me who can't figure out how to do so! Your help would be then much appreciated!

robisme (Olivier R)

Jan 3, 2017, 5:18:01 PM1/3/17
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,
you just have to create a "subtask".
I think the hotkey is "insert" (I personaly changed it to ctr+right key a while ago)

Olivier

c.k. lester

Jan 4, 2017, 4:53:56 AM1/4/17
to MyLifeOrganized
I think you just need to select "Create sub-task" instead of "Create task." Then it should drop it in that folder.

mikolajek

Jan 4, 2017, 6:27:51 AM1/4/17
to MyLifeOrganized
Wow - you're right, it works like a charm! Thank you!

It's the matter of data structure I understand - in other apps I tried you always created tasks in folders, while substasks always required existence of the "major" task. Here's apparently a different approach. I don't mind... :)

Andrei Bacean

Feb 16, 2017, 4:12:07 AM2/16/17
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi
There is also a hotkey for that.
To add a task inside of the selected folder press Alt+Insert.
You can change that by going to
Tools/options/hotkeys

Br
ab