How long will the 50% discount for upgrading registered users (to v5) be available?

Shleprock

Oct 17, 2018, 1:15:02 AM10/17/18
to MyLifeOrganized
I'm glad that v5 offers various enhancements, but my v4 databases are highly customized and they don't migrate cleanly to v5. Therefore it will take me some time to make the transition to v5, so I need to know how long that 50% upgrade offer will remain in effect. Thank you.

Dan

Oct 18, 2018, 1:01:37 PM10/18/18
to MyLifeOrganized
I can't answer your question, but am also interested in the answer.

I do have a question for you, though. What sort of customizations are causing problems for you? I have not yet made the leap to v5, as I just haven't had the time to deal with any non-clean transitions. My database is pretty complex, as well, so I'm curious if there are specific items I can expect to cause problems when I do make the switch.

Shleprock

Oct 19, 2018, 12:41:43 PM10/19/18
to MyLifeOrganized

In my tests, most of the custom automatic formatting rules (Options > Automatic Formatting > Automatic Formatting Rules) I created in my v4 database weren't retained when opening that database in v5. I tried doing an export/import, but again, most of the custom rules weren't recreated.

That's as far as I got in my testing. There could be other issues but I haven't had time to dig in further.

Alyona (MLO Support)

Oct 21, 2018, 4:08:49 AM10/21/18
to MyLifeOrganized
The 50% upgrade discount is only offered to a registered user of the previous version (currently MLO 4). The offer will remain in effect until MLO 6 for Windows is released. If a user skips upgrade to MLO 5, then MLO 6 is to be paid at full cost (a regular purchase). Regular upgrade is beneficial.

> I tried doing an export/import, but again, most of the custom rules weren't recreated.
Did you try importing auto-formatting rules to MLO 5 as described here: https://www.mylifeorganized.net/announcements/windows-mlo-5-upgrade.shtml#mlo5_installation ? This should help you restore your customizations.

Shleprock

Oct 22, 2018, 5:15:35 AM10/22/18
to MyLifeOrganized
On Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 3:08:49 AM UTC-5, Alyona (MLO Support) wrote:
Did you try importing auto-formatting rules to MLO 5 as described here: https://www.mylifeorganized.net/announcements/windows-mlo-5-upgrade.shtml#mlo5_installation ? This should help you restore your customizations.

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of that. I've since tested it and so far it appears to have worked.