Windows Autostart Option?

Gary Petro

Jan 16, 2022, 11:54:01 AM1/16/22
to MyLifeOrganized
Is there an option to automatically start the app with Windows? I can't find the setting for this.

It seems every time there is a Windows update, I lose getting my reminders which defeats the purpose of having such an app.

Thanks.
Gary

MOK | MATSURU

Jan 16, 2022, 12:44:01 PM1/16/22
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

I am using windows 10. See if this is helpful.

1. After you have installed the app, find where the .exe is located. Then, create a shortcut file of the .exe. In my case, it is here → "C:\Program Files (x86)\MyLifeOrganized.net\MLO\mlo.exe"
2. Copy the shortcut file and paste it into the windows "startup" folder. mine is here → C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

once you have done this, every time windows start, MLO app will start as well.

Dwight Arthur

Jan 16, 2022, 2:41:46 PM1/16/22
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com, MOK | MATSURU
Good suggestion, MOK. For MLO shortcut files, I point to the .ml data file instead of the .exe because once or twice a year after an update MLO has to be shown where the day file is at. With the data file as the shortcut it never has to ask.
-Dwight