Recovering lost tasks from having "cut" them

Rick Maedler

Sep 29, 2018, 1:47:22 AM9/29/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Is there perhaps a log file where changes to MLO are captured?  I ask because I'm trying to recover some tasks I lost.

I tried to cut and paste a series of sutasks into a folder.

The paste did not work and the tasks were lost I presume in the app or in windows "cut."

There seems no clear cut way to move tasks in MLO. That's why I tried it using cut and paste.

I trust any response to my inquiry here will not be treated peremptorily with an admonition to read the documentation. I've searched and found nothing.

I chose MLO because of its robust nature. Of course, there tends to be an ease of learning trade-off between a feature-rich software app like MLO and an app with fewer features.

I aspire to be a user.... GRADUALLY.  I have not studied much.  That's deliberate. I have other fish to fry.

Thanks for reading this.

Andrei Bacean

Sep 29, 2018, 7:08:25 AM9/29/18
to MyLifeOrganized
hi
0) if you cut the tasks and then lost them, try to pres Ctrl+Z several times to UNDO changes.
1) when you run MLO for the first time, it will ask to configure the backup directory.
To see the path of the backup folder go to Tools/Options/Backup.
2) if you are using dropbox, locate your mlo file, right click and select Use previous versions.
3) check this link. Maybe you'll be able to restore the previous version:
4) to move tasks in MLO u can use Ctrl+M hotkey.
to see all hotkeys, go to Tools Options Hotkeys.

Good luck friend!

Br
Andrew