Safest instructions to sync between android and pc

Bob Lynch

Feb 11, 2021, 4:11:46 PM2/11/21
to MyLifeOrganized
I'd like to purchase the pc version of MLO  (I have windows 10 and will be using the wifi sync method)  and then sync between it and my android app - which I am now using and have so much data in it that I'm afraid to sync in case I lose my data doing it the wrong way. Any safe instructions to avoid any hair pulling?  Thanks!

Dwight Arthur

Feb 11, 2021, 5:21:49 PM2/11/21
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Bob. I have no expertise in wifi synch and will leave it for others to advise you about that. But I have one bit of advice for people who use MLO for a while and build up a lot of data and then want to start synching

Once you have installed MLO on your second platform (in your case, Windows), immediately set up run a full synch. Do not create any tasks on your new platform before synching. Try not to look at views or anything else on the new platform other than synch setup, save all of that until after your whole database is resident on both platforms.

If you create any single task on your new platform, MLO will create a new inbox. Once you synch, both platforms will each have two inboxes, and it will be difficult to tell them apart or to make one go away. Avoid this by doing the full synch first.

-Dwight

On 2/11/2021 15:35, Bob Lynch wrote:
I'd like to purchase the pc version of MLO  (I have windows 10 and will be using the wifi sync method)  and then sync between it and my android app - which I am now using and have so much data in it that I'm afraid to sync in case I lose my data doing it the wrong way. Any safe instructions to avoid any hair pulling?  Thanks!

Bob Lynch

Feb 12, 2021, 11:40:05 AM2/12/21
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dwight,

I may have messed up by tinkering and playing with the pc app... so I uninstalled it and downloaded another. It looks like it's back to it's original state.

Thanks for your help... but now I can't connect with bluetooth between my samsung s9 and my windows 10 pc. If it's
 not one thing it's another. Spent a half day on trying to  get the pc and phone to communicate. At this point I think it's just not meant to  be.

Again, thanks.

Bob

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "MyLifeOrganized" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/31059d57-df1b-8779-c5f6-715bf0bbb708%40gmail.com.