How can I stop MLO treating child tasks as (potential) Actions?

John . Smith

Feb 8, 2018, 3:06:52 PM2/8/18
to MyLifeOrganized

Hello

This is probably a stupid question but...

Is there anything I can do to stop MLO treating my child 'tasks' of a (real-world) task as if they are Actionable actions?

i.e. I want a task which has children below it (i.e. a 'Parent' task) to appear as if it itself is an Active Action, even though it does has children tasks.

Background
My problem is that I want to create a tick-list for a Task, but I want the Task itself (rather than the first of the tick-list items) to appear in my Active Actions view (which is 'flat' and non-hierarchical).

So is there any way to 'neutralise' certain child tasks and get MLO to treat them as reference information (i.e. to basically ignore it from the Active/Inactive logic)

Cheers

MOK | MATSURU

Feb 8, 2018, 10:20:12 PM2/8/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Have u tried "Hide the branch in To-Do" checkbox on the General properties panel??

John . Smith

Feb 9, 2018, 6:26:34 AM2/9/18
to MyLifeOrganized

What I really want is "hide the children - not the branch itself - from To-Do"...   but yes if I select all the children at once an apply that condition it does the job.

Good suggestion - many thanks! :)

On 9 February 2018 at 04:06, John . Smith <shi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello

This is probably a stupid question but...

Is there anything I can do to stop MLO treating my child 'tasks' of a (real-world) task as if they are Actionable actions?

i.e. I want a task which has children below it (i.e. a 'Parent' task) to appear as if it itself is an Active Action, even though it does has children tasks.

Background
My problem is that I want to create a tick-list for a Task, but I want the Task itself (rather than the first of the tick-list items) to appear in my Active Actions view (which is 'flat' and non-hierarchical).

So is there any way to 'neutralise' certain child tasks and get MLO to treat them as reference information (i.e. to basically ignore it from the Active/Inactive logic)

Cheers

robisme (Olivier R)

Feb 10, 2018, 9:56:01 AM2/10/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Or you insert a first "branch" of sub-children, so that you can further ad children without having to set "hide" again.
Olivier

John . Smith

Feb 12, 2018, 4:36:30 AM2/12/18
to MyLifeOrganized

Yes, not a bad workaround, although it may slightly get in the way later...
Thanks