View vs workspace

aiM

May 17, 2018, 1:47:27 AM5/17/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi-

I've used MLO for years but have never needed the Views pane, relying on workspaces instead.  Am I missing something? When should I use views if I can have a ton of permanent workspaces open in tabs?

Thanks.

Stéph

May 17, 2018, 11:22:44 AM5/17/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello aiM,

Your Workspaces are tabs which contain Views. You can lock a particular View to a Workspace, or allow the View to be selected within a Workspace. I have a separate Workspace tab for all my commonly-used Views, but I also have one of those Workspace tabs set up so that I can select other Views or zoom and filter my current View.

If you can fit enough Workspace tabs in to suit every way you want to view your tasks, then no, you're not missing anything.

Stéphane