Quickly defer ‘Today’ or ‘Tomorrow’

Michael Chammah

Oct 7, 2018, 2:30:09 AM10/7/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello,

Before moving to MLO I remember that in Omnifocus you could quickly defer a task to Today or Tomorrow with a pop up action after a long press. Is this possible with MLO to do such a thing?

Thanks

domas.vo...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2018, 3:53:54 AM10/8/18
to MyLifeOrganized
That's probably the main problem with MLO for Android for me. Instead of just pressing a button and selecting "Tomorrow", now there's a lot of clicks needed... This forces me to do the task management in desktop version, which is very inconvenient.

Andrei Bacean

Oct 8, 2018, 7:05:16 AM10/8/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi friends

an workaround is to group tasks by date.
then, just take the task and move it to another group. the start date will adjust accordingly.

to create a list of tasks for each day in the future, use excel and rapid task entry dialog.
Attached is a sample excel file.

br
Andrew

понедельник, 8 октября 2018 г., 10:53:54 UTC+3 пользователь domas.vo...@gmail.com написал:
blank tasks.xlsx

Valerio Minervini

Oct 9, 2018, 3:11:22 AM10/9/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Another way to do that (the fastest of all) is to have the "Due Date" column activated in any view you are. To change the date to today / tomorrow or any date you want, you just click the date (or the Due Date column's empty space if the task have no due date) in the Due Date section column with the right mouse button menu and then choose the date you want.
I hope you understood. It's difficult to explain in words; in practice it's very simple.

Jan Thomä

Oct 9, 2018, 10:11:13 AM10/9/18
to MyLifeOrganized
On that note, it's currently not possible to defer a recurring task without breaking the recurrence (at least i have not found a way to do that). It would be really nice if there was a defer/on-hold feature that will make the task inactive until a certain date and will automatically lift when that date is reached. Ideally it would also be nice to search for tasks that are put on hold this way.

Philip Parker

Oct 13, 2018, 12:54:43 PM10/13/18
to MyLifeOrganized
It's not as quick as you may want but I just mark the current task complete and that regenerates the task for next week/month/year... but then I go to the completed tasks and uncheck it.  That will restore it to your list as a single non-recurring task and you can manipulate the dates any way you want.

Stephen Jones

Oct 15, 2018, 10:29:21 PM10/15/18
to MyLifeOrganized
To defer a recurring task, I add a sub task called "Delete this task". I set the dates I want and when it show on my list, I just delete it and my recurring task appears.

Andrei Bacean

Oct 16, 2018, 6:01:19 AM10/16/18
to MyLifeOrganized
nice trick !