Sync Windows and Android app

John

Jul 4, 2017, 3:36:43 AM7/4/17
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,

I'm trying to sync the Windows and Android app with the cloud sync. How can I do this?
I have a OneDrive share on windows where I do daily sync (.ml file).
When I try to import it on Android via the app, I can only browse for .mlobak files?!
How come this is so difficult to do a simple sync without using cloud sync?

Thanks.

Alyona (MLO Support)

Jul 5, 2017, 5:34:00 AM7/5/17
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello John,

Sync with third party cloud services (Google Drive, OneDrive, USB-stick) is not supported and it cannot be considered as a full-fledged sync. This would just override an old copy of your entire data file with more recent one. Now it's possible to transfer data files only between PCs in this way. It is not feasible for transferring MLO files between Windows and Android because the database systems do not structure the data the same way.

With MLO WiFi or Cloud synchronization on the other hand the record based synchronization is performed. It is more reliable and allows to avoid unnecessary conflicts or even data loss. You can change the tasks on different devices in the same time and MLO will combine them together. MLO cannot do it if you use OneDrive to sync your data.
Here is the instruction on how to set up MLO Cloud Sync: https://www.mylifeorganized.net/support/cloud-synchronization-setup/