Due Next 7 Days (View) vs. Custom Due Date (View)

MG

Oct 17, 2016, 5:37:43 AM10/17/16
to MyLifeOrganized
HI,

Regarding the subject of this post, I would like to know where is the detail regarding creation of a Custom view based on dates for the next 7, or whatever, days I define to be filtered, so that it shows the corresponding date (grouping the respective tasks for that date, and day of the week).

I mean, in the predefined view "Due Next 7 days" in the grouping by "Due Date" we get the date and the day of the week,what I think is good,but when I create a custom view based on the same settings (like coping everything) I do not get the same visualization.

Why?

Dwight

Oct 18, 2016, 12:35:01 AM10/18/16
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, MG. I am not sure that I completely understand what you are asking.
But I think that you have a view that shows the items you want
displayed, and you want to have it grouped by due date. To accomplish
this, you would look at the view details in the left sidebar, and find
the section called "group and sort". Click on the "group by" button, and
in the Group By window that pops up, select "due date".

If this is not what you wanted or if this does not work, please write
back and explain. Thanks.

-Dwight

Steve Neas

Oct 22, 2016, 10:58:10 AM10/22/16
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi MG,
At the bottom of the "Group by" dialog, there is a setting for "The date groups in this view are grouped only by days".
This setting toggles between showing a group for each individual day versus showing combined groups for "Next Week", "Next Month", etc.
Is the setting you are looking for?
-Steve

On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 5:37:43 AM UTC-4, MG wrote:
HI,

[...]

MG

Dec 6, 2016, 11:20:48 AM12/6/16
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,

Thank you in advance for your help.

I would have explain that this issue happens in MLO Android.

I mean, if I use the standard view 'Due Next 7 Days' to filter my tasks and choose to groop by 'Due Date' it displays accordingly, that is, '07 Dec 2016 (Wed - Tomorrow)(2)', as I want it to be, for example two tasks.

But, with the same settings and creating a view from scratch I don't get the same result.

What I get is something similar to this:
'Due Date:thursday(2)'

On both options I choose 'Is this week' to refine the view for the currently week tasks.

If I duplicate the 'Due Next 7 Days' view and give it another name (my purpose) it displays accordingly, what in my opinion means the settings are stuck to the MLO standard views.

Is it a bug?

MG

Dwight

Dec 7, 2016, 11:03:59 AM12/7/16
to MyLifeOrganized

Hi, MG. Steve Neas already gave you the correct answer. On your Android, select any of these views, the built-in view, the modified built-in view or the one you built from scratch. Go into the View Edit page and select Group By. In the Group By page scroll all the way to the bottom and find the toggle for "group only by days" - switching this on and off will switch between the two versions you are seeing.

MG

Dec 16, 2016, 2:43:28 AM12/16/16
to MyLifeOrganized
Dwight and Steve,