problem with view filters

Miriam Huber

May 1, 2018, 2:39:53 AM5/1/18
to MyLifeOrganized

I‘m having trouble with adjusting the view filters. In „active tasks“ I want to see only 1) projects in progress and their tasks, 2) active tasks that don‘t belong to a project.

So I set the „advanced filter“ as „project status = in progress“ OR „not (is project)“. But then I also get tasks that belong to not started or suspended projects. Example: project „visit my parents“ (project not started), task: „buy train ticket“. I like to put the task there as soon as I think of it (only then it is out of my head!), but there is no need to see it now, as the visit to my parents is several weeks away. But the project and task show up anyway - it seems that as soon as a not started project has tasks to it, it shows up in my „active tasks“ list.

As a workaround I have set all „not in progress“-projects as „hide in to do“. But then I have to undo that manually every time I change a project to „in progress“. That‘s far from ideal.

I guess I am missing something basic here. Can anyone help me?

Miriam

Stéph

May 1, 2018, 5:03:26 PM5/1/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello Miriam,

Have you tried setting up these Advanced Filter rules: (IsProject) OR TopLevelProjectName is empty ?

The second part of that should show you everything which isn't in a project.

To get what you want, though, you might want to change that second part to (TopLevelProjectName is empty AND ActiveAction is true). To get them evaluated together (ie like I've shown them in brackets, so that the ActiveAction status only applies to those not in a Project) you'll have to set those two up as sub-rules.

Hope that makes sense,
Stéphane

Miriam Huber

May 5, 2018, 12:26:59 AM5/5/18