Parsing task input in the Rapid Task Entry dialog window (task Notes)

Vlad

Feb 13, 2024, 10:49:12 AMFeb 13
to MyLifeOrganized
I use the Rapid Task Entry dialogue to enter tasks in MLO. Many of my tasks are related reading documents online and are formatted as "read document on <URL>, for example "Read blog on MLO 6.0.3. https://blog.mylifeorganized.net/2023/12/whats-new-in-mlo-6-0-3-windows.html". (see attached screenshot MLO-Rapid-Task-Entry-input.png)

I am looking for a way to have MLO's Rapid Task Entry parse the task "read blog on <URL>." as follows:
- "read blog" should be parsed as the Task Caption and,
- critically, the <URL> should be parsed as the Notes to that task.

Is there a way to achieve that? Currently the whose task string is parsed as a Task Caption.
At the same time, MLO's Parsing Result dialogue contains a Notes column which indicates that it is possible to parse input as a task Notes. (see attached screenshot MLO-Rapid-Task-Entry-parsing-result.png)

The MLO user manual lists a ton of options to parse a task's context, time, etc, but there is no option for parsing task notes.

Thanks
Vlad
MLO-Rapid-Task-Entry-input.png
MLO-Rapid-Task-Entry-parsing-result.png

Alyona (MLO Support)

Feb 15, 2024, 12:53:07 AMFeb 15
to MyLifeOrganized
Disable "Multiple Task Entry" in the Rapid Task Entry, and type in:

Read blog on MLO 6.0.3. <Enter>
https://blog.mylifeorganized.net/2023/12/whats-new-in-mlo-6-0-3-windows.html

A task will be created with "Read blog on MLO 6.0.3. https://blog.mylifeorganized.net/2023/12/whats-new-in-mlo-6-0-3-windows.html" in the notes section.
One undesired outcome is that you also get the caption "Read blog on MLO 6.0.3." in the notes section.