Win. Filter recommendation: "ContextsText"

Steve Kunkel

Feb 11, 2021, 1:41:50 PM2/11/21
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi folks, it's been a while since I posted.  I hope we're all surviving the pandemic is good spirits.  I was just doing a filter via the "Setup Advanced filtering" dialog.  One of the options to filter by is "ContextsText."  If I choose "starts with (match case)," then it seems to only match if the first of multiple contexts starts with the letter.  Should it evaluate every separate context instread?

For example, if my filter is:
[ContextsText stats with x (match case)]
and if my tasks have the following contexts:

Task1: home; xylophone; practice
Task2: xylophone; practice
Task3: home; practice

Then MLO seems to only match Task2, but I think it should instead match Task1 and Task2.

Hope that makes sense.  Using MLO5 Pro on Win10.
Take care!  -Steve

Stéph

Feb 11, 2021, 6:31:27 PM2/11/21
to MyLifeOrganized
I agree. That's worth reporting back as a bug report.

I guess it's because it treats multiple contexts as a single string in the contexts field, so might not be easy for the dev team to fix. Now I know that, though, I'll always use Contexts Text contains..., rather that starts with... Perhaps the constraint should be made clear in the help file.