Can the indentation for levels in outline be changed?

Hieronymus Postlethwaite

Nov 20, 2018, 8:36:16 AM11/20/18
to MyLifeOrganized
As I indent tasks, my eye has difficulty discerning the hierarchical level of an item within the outline.

I've already changed the font color for 2 of 5 different levels. I'd like to go a step beyond this initial way of discerning levels.

Is there, for example, any way to increase the size of the indentation?

Currently, the indentation shows as about 3/16th of an inch on my laptop screen.

I'd like to increase that to perhaps 5/16th of an inch.

I'd appreciate any help.

Stéph

Nov 21, 2018, 4:39:05 AM11/21/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Sorry, but I don't think there is any way to change indent beyond a single character space (unless you can do it by editing the Registry).

So, the alignment of the check-boxes isn't clear enough? One work around might be to increase the font size (via Tools - Options - Themes and Formatting). As the indent is by one character, it'll grow with the font.

All the best,
Stéphane

Steve Neas

Nov 22, 2018, 12:01:17 PM11/22/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Have you tried turning on the "Show tree lines" option?  That gives more visual indication of the outline levels.

This setting is found at: Options / Themes and Formatting / Edit / Tree Format tab / General

-Steve