How can I get my empty Folders to appear in an Active view that is hierarchical?

John . Smith

Aug 12, 2018, 9:10:08 PM8/12/18
to MyLifeOrganized

Hi

When I am using a "Show: Active" tasks view, that is in Hierarchical mode, how can I get Folders to appear, even if they don't have any tasks within them?

BACKGROUND
I like using the Active mode a lot because:
- I'm using Start Date - to kick tasks off the current view and into the future (but I can of course still see them in my All Tasks view)
- I'm also using faded Colours to mark up tasks that haven't started yet
- I'm using the "Hide Branch in To Do" too quite a lot.

Thanks

John . Smith

Aug 13, 2018, 6:17:29 AM8/13/18
to MyLifeOrganized
To answer my own question (sort of)...
I have created a new view that simulates the Active Actions functionality using Advance Filters of

- (not(HideInToDo)) AND
- ((StartDateTime on or before Today) OR (StartDateTime does not exist))

...as this does leave Folders visible. It remains rather a pain to set up though, each time I want to set it up from scratch, though!

zel...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2018, 4:33:27 PM10/23/18
to MyLifeOrganized
How about creating the view you need, export it and import a copy when needed?