Is mybatis replacement of ibatis?

Bipin Kumar

Jun 11, 2019, 2:00:28 AM6/11/19
to mybatis-user
Hi All,
I am using ibatis-2 (related libs: ibatis-dao-2.jar, ibatis-sqlmap-2.jar and ibatis-common-2.jar) as ORM in my project. New requirement is to enable SSL (secure) connection, I did not found support on ibatis.
I have couple of questions, may be my questions bit silly but please help me,
1. Is myBatis replacement of iBatis?
2. If I move to myBatis will it support SSL ( Secure JDBC connection)?

Thanks In advance for your quick response.

Regards,
Bipin

Guy Rouillier

Jun 11, 2019, 2:52:53 AM6/11/19
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
MyBatis is the follow-on to iBatis.  MyBatis is not backward compatible with iBatis, so you will need to migrate your code.  If you search for "ibatis to mybatis migration", you'll find some tools to help, but I haven't used any of them.  MyBatis is actively being developed, while iBatis is not.

SSL must be supported by your JDBC driver.  There is nothing special that MyBatis needs to do to support it.

--
Guy Rouillier