inquiries about generating VO or DTO (Java) using mybatis

K tsup

Aug 24, 2020, 12:01:00 PM8/24/20
to mybatis-user
Hi,
I am making spring boot application for making table from tsv or csv files.
I was able to do that, but after the problem is how to make DTO or VO for pouring data for the tables. Will it be possible using Mybatis, auto-generating DTO or VO from existing tables ?! If it is possible through it, could I get some snippet or example or how to do that please?

I love Mybatis and I am really happy to be here!
Thank you in advance!

Jeff Butler

Aug 24, 2020, 1:20:17 PM8/24/20
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Welcome!

You can use MyBatis generator to generate classes from existing tables. See here for a quick start guide: http://mybatis.org/generator/quickstart.html

MyBatis generator builds different kinds of classes depending on how you want to use the generated objects. This is captured in the idea of a "runtime". For all new projects I recommend using the default runtime (MyBatis3DynamicSql) - it generates the most flexible and capable code. You can read about using the generated objects here: http://mybatis.org/generator/generatedobjects/dynamicSqlV2.html

Everything created by MyBatis generator is compatible with the MyBatis support for Spring Boot. You can read about our Spring Boot starter here: http://mybatis.org/spring-boot-starter/mybatis-spring-boot-autoconfigure/

Jeff Butler