How to get access to generated query before it actually is executed?

Rick R

Jan 28, 2021, 4:38:27 PM1/28/21
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
We have this odd situation using Yellowbrick data warehouse where if the query is over a certain length it is failing. (It's pretty complex dynamic SQL that gets generated.) Until we hear back from Yellowbrick support on why we are bumping into this limit, I'd like to abort even trying to run the query if the query that is to run ends up over a certain length, but I'm not sure how to get access to the underlying query that will end up running. Any help would be appreciated.

--
Rick R

Jeff Butler

Jan 28, 2021, 4:47:33 PM1/28/21
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
This is an interceptor I wrote years ago that logs the generated SQL. It could be modified to abort a query.

Jeff Butler

Rick R

Jan 28, 2021, 8:37:19 PM1/28/21
to mybati...@googlegroups.com