Illegal reflective access by org.apache.ibatis.reflection.Reflector

Vladimir Alarcon

Aug 12, 2019, 2:59:35 PM8/12/19
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My application (with MyBatis 3.3.0) is throwing this ugly error:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
org.apache.ibatis.reflection.Reflector
(jar:file:/opt/app2/app2reader-1.0.10-SNAPSHOT-commandline.jar!/lib/mybatis-3.3.0.jar)
to method java.lang.Class.checkPackageAccess(java.lang.SecurityManager,java.lang.ClassLoader,boolean)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.apache.ibatis.reflection.Reflector
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further
illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Is this something I should be concerned about? I'm planning to upgrade
to a more recent version of MyBatis soon but was wondering if this
could be a MyBatis bug.

Thanks,
Vladimir

Guy Rouillier

Aug 12, 2019, 11:03:44 PM8/12/19
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
According to this post I found on Stack Overflow, looks like an update to Maven fixes the problem.  You don't mention it, but I'm guessing you are running on a newer version of the JDK?  Probably 10 or newer?

--
Guy Rouillier

Iwao AVE!

Aug 14, 2019, 9:11:23 AM8/14/19
to mybatis-user
Hi Vladimir,

It's not a bug, but a warning about compatibility with future Java versions.
Upgrading MyBatis to 3.5.x should resolve the warning.

Regards,
Iwao