D3 Linux Login

Tom Stanley

Apr 13, 2022, 11:48:38 AM4/13/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I need to create a new user on a D3 Linux system and have the user taken directly to D3 system login after logging in to Linux.

How is this done in D3 in RHEL?

Thanks for any help.

Bruce Ackman

Apr 13, 2022, 12:16:47 PM4/13/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
This is what I use to log directly into a d3 account.
# .bashrc

if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
        . /etc/bashrc
fi
d3 -32 -d '\rbrac\r'
exit

The the D3 account logs directly into the application

Dan Ell

Apr 13, 2022, 1:33:57 PM4/13/22
to mvd...@googlegroups.com, Dan Ell

The d3 portion will just take you to a login.   The -d ‘\rbrac\r’ is actually sending a <Enter> the user name brac and <Enter> which could be whatever you wanted to send in place of brac.   The -32 is specifying port 32 and could either be a different port or not be there and it would take the next available.   You would want to run it with exec and you can eliminate the exit.   I would not put it in the .bashrc either, it should be in the .bash_profile.   The .bashrc is actually run anytime a bash script is run, not just at login.

exec d3

Apr 13, 2022, 1:34:39 PM4/13/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Simple answer, add this line to the end of the .bash_profile

exec d3

May need more information if this is not what you want

Tom Stanley

Apr 13, 2022, 1:35:47 PM4/13/22
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Exactly what I was looking for.   Thanks so much.

Felipe Gordillo

Apr 21, 2022, 4:15:53 AM4/21/22
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
I access my systems remotely via SSH, and always with the same term type. So at the end of the .bash_profile file I have:

case "$TERM" in
wyse60-at)
        d3
        exit
    ;;
*)
    ;;
esac

With this configuration I can SSH normally with a different terminal type, for example xterm, and enter my VM session based on the terminal type.
--
Felipe Gordillo