DACA launch - Call for Papers, Artworks, and Works-in-progress

PerMagnus Lindborg

Apr 1, 2021, 11:51:12 AM4/1/21
to musicalme...@googlegroups.com
DACA launch!

Data Art for Climate Action is a hybrid conference 12-15 January 2022, taking place in Hong Kong, in Graz, and on the Internet. Highlights include a keynote address by Andrea Polli and a climate-data algorave by Renick Bell. Bookmark the website now: http://dataclimate.org/.

We invite artists, communicators, designers, and researchers working with climate science to submit to DACA. There are tracks for Papers, Artworks, and Works-in-progress. More information at http://dataclimate.org/open-call/.

In connection with the Conference is a Frontiers Research Topic. Read all about it at https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/20827/data-perceptualization-for-climate-science-communication

We hope to see you at DACA in January 2022!
---

PerMagnus Lindborg, PhD
Associate Professor (Sound Art)
School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong
ICMA Regional Director Asia/Oceania and Music Coordinator
http://permagnus.org
http://soundislands.com

Leandro Garber

Apr 1, 2021, 1:25:15 PM4/1/21
to PerMagnus Lindborg, musicalme...@googlegroups.com
This is great ! Thanks for sharing.

Is this the first time for DACA ? Is there a curated list of good datasets about climate change?

Regards,
Leandro.

pm@permagnus

Apr 1, 2021, 10:56:23 PM4/1/21
to Leandro Garber, musicalme...@googlegroups.com
Dear Leandro.
many thanks for your positive reponse. Yes, first time for DACA. There are datasets available online, e.g. at NOAA. One of our ambitions is to find many more such resources, collaborate with researchers, compile + curate a repository, provide tools for exploration. Perhaps you or someone you know would be keen to participate on such a project?
Cheers