Is there any way to reload new programs without restarting mtail

CJohn

Mar 22, 2019, 4:37:27 PM3/22/19
to mtail-users
Hi All,

Is there any way to reload new mtail programs on the fly to the mtail process ? Currently I'm updating the progs and restarting the mtail process. (Just wanted to avoid unnecessary counter resets :))

Charls

Jamie Wilkinson

Mar 23, 2019, 3:33:57 AM3/23/19
to CJohn, mtail-users
mtail watches your program file directory for updates to the programs so you should be getting this already!  If you look at the http server on the listen port (default 3903) it'll show you how many program loads it's attempted; after you do an update the counter should increase.

Let me know if this is not working, with a way to reproduce it.

CJohn

Mar 23, 2019, 7:34:55 AM3/23/19
to mtail-users
Great, it's working ! hanks for the information

Jamie Wilkinson

Mar 23, 2019, 8:41:05 PM3/23/19
to CJohn, mtail-users
Glad to hear it!