Number of cores

Carlos Alberto Gueto Tettay

Jan 29, 2021, 10:25:30 AM1/29/21
to MS Amanda

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to set the number of cores for speeding up the search.

I am using MS Amanda 2.0 v. 2.0.0.17442 for Linux.

thanks in advance,

Carlos

Viktoria Dorfer

Jan 29, 2021, 11:47:55 AM1/29/21
to MS Amanda
Hi,

the standalone version of MS Amanda should use all available cores you have.
To speed up the search there are two parameters you can tune:
 <LoadedProteinsAtOnce>100000</LoadedProteinsAtOnce>
<LoadedSpectraAtOnce>8000</LoadedSpectraAtOnce>
The higher the numbers the more RAM MS Amanda will use and the faster it will be. The more important parameter here is LoadedProteinsAtOnce controlling the number of proteins that are loaded in memory at once.

Best,
Viktoria

Carlos Alberto Gueto Tettay

Feb 1, 2021, 9:02:28 AM2/1/21