Can autoconfigure be done without YASM

David Lindauer

Oct 5, 2019, 3:51:27 PM10/5/19
to mpir-devel
Is it possible to configure the autoconfigure to use an assembler other than YASM on windows?   I'm asking because I have an assembler that should do gas-like constructs that I'd like to test with MPIR.

Thanks,

David

Bill Hart

Oct 5, 2019, 3:53:03 PM10/5/19
to mpir-devel
Yasm is actually required. It doesn't use AT&T syntax like gas, and we actually use yasm specific features such as its macros.

There have been proposals to rewrite all the assembly for Linux in AT&T syntax, but no one has ever found the time to actually do it.

Bill.

Brian Gladman

Oct 5, 2019, 4:11:34 PM10/5/19
to mpir-...@googlegroups.com
I don't know whether it will do what you want but YASM has a gas mode
and can assemble using AT&T syntax. But I have never used it and don't
know how comprehensive it is.

Brian