TSAdapt access in petsc4py?

Leon Avery

Jun 13, 2020, 11:06:32 AM6/13/20
to mpi4py
Does petsc4py provide any functions to work with the TSAdapt object of a TimeStepper (TS)?

I would like to be able to call TSAdaptChoose to tell TSAdapt to reject a step when I detect certain conditions. I can't see any way to do this with petsc4py. Am I missing it?

Thanks.

Lisandro Dalcin

Jun 14, 2020, 3:52:31 AM6/14/20
to mpi...@googlegroups.com
This group is about mpi4py, not petsc4py. For petsc4py questions you should use the petsc-users mailing list.

The TSAdapt type and its API is not exposed in petsc4py yet. I do not have any immediate plan to add it myself. Contributions are very welcome.

Lisandro Dalcin
Research Scientist
Extreme Computing Research Center (ECRC)
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
http://ecrc.kaust.edu.sa/