Call for "Challenges of Our New Frontiers", Late-breaking work, and extension of Graduate Symposium deadline, all due March 31 2020

Vilelmini Kalabratsidou

Mar 4, 2020, 5:01:47 PM3/4/20
to Movement and Computing

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce a call for submissions to “Challenges of Our New Frontiers” curated workshops, Late-breaking work, and an extension of the Graduate Symposium deadline. Submissions to these three categories will be due March 31, 2020.

The submission site on EasyChair will re-open March 9, 2020 only for these categories. The link to the EasyChair submission site is at the bottom of our Call for Submissions page.

  1. Challenges of Our New Frontiers - due March 31, 2020. We will host a series of curated workshops and panels to facilitate discussions related to the following three themes:

Ethics and Data Privacy in Pervasive Sensing

    • Topics include, but are not limited to: responsible handling of data when using wearable sensors or mobile device data in healthcare and sports.

Increasing Participation of Underrepresented Communities in STEAM

    • Topics include, but are not limited to: best practices in curricula or outreach activities to use dance, sport, music, and art to engage underrepresented communities in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.

Technology, Sound, and Movement to Increase Well-being

    • Topics include, but are not limited to: Using VR/AR, robots, wearables, dance, music, and biofeedback for movement training and mental health applications.

How to submit to these themes:

    • If you have already submitted work to MOCO’20 through our regular call, but you would like it to be considered for a workshop about these themes, please update the information field in Easychair to indicate which theme you would like to be considered for. Please do not change your submission documents, as they will likely already be in peer-review.

    • If you have not yet submitted this work to MOCO’20, please submit a 2-page maximum extended abstract to describe your work as it relates to these three themes. The extended abstract template is at the bottom of our Call for Submissions page. Your submission will be made through Easychair. Easychair’s submission form will ask you to indicate to which theme you are submitting.

  1. Late-breaking work - due March 31, 2020.

If data were not collected and/or analyzed in-time for our first deadline, you may submit to our “Late-breaking work” category. Please submit a short paper of your work that is at most 4-pages using the “long or short paper” template at the bottom of our Call for Submissions page. Please mask your identity in your submission so the review can be blind.

  1. Graduate Symposium - due March 31, 2020.

Submissions in this category represent an opportunity for graduate students to share and develop their research ideas in a supportive environment and with the participation of experts in the field. To this end, we especially encourage and welcome work that is in progress.

Students will have the opportunity to establish a community with other graduate students at a similar stage of their research. Accepted papers will be presented as posters in a dedicated “poster tour” session where authors will have an opportunity to orally present a short elevator pitch to experts in the field. We encourage students to submit a paper even if they are early in their graduate career.

Papers should not be longer than 4 pages including references. Use the “long and short papers” template on our Call for Submissions page, but do not exceed 4 pages. The first author must be a current graduate student (at the time of submission). Graduate Symposium papers will be indexed and published in the conference proceedings. Please redact your authors identities in your submission so the review can be blind. Videos and other supplementary materials are welcomed. Students accepted to present their work at the Graduate Symposium must plan to attend it.

Thank you,

The MOCO'20 Organizing Committee

Email: movementco...@gmail.com