Moveit and Gazebo

robo_man

Jul 12, 2017, 3:42:09 PM7/12/17
to MoveIt! Users
Hi,

I want to use my custom robot to execute trajectory in Gazebo, while the trajectory will be planned in MoveIt. I have the knowledge that MoveIt gives a plan with joint positions, velocities and accelerations. However my robot in Gazebo has only position controllers at its joints so the required input would be only joint positions. So my questions are as following,

1. How do I tell Gazebo to look into planned joint positions only obtained using MoveIt after MoveIt finishes planning in real time?

2. How do I display planned trajectory only in RViz but plan will be executed in RViz and Gazebo simultaneously?

Any help is appreciated.

Dave Coleman

Jul 21, 2017, 1:25:35 PM7/21/17
to robo_man, MoveIt! Users
Hi,

I created the Gazebo ros_control plugin to allow MoveIt! to be used with Gazebo - the connection point is the FollowJointTrajectory action provided in the JointTrajectoryController of ros_control. So for MoveIt!, Gazebo appears to be a regular joint controller. See the Gazebo ros_control tutorials on the Gazebo website.

- davetcoleman

robo_man

Jul 24, 2017, 5:31:18 PM7/24/17
to MoveIt! Users, anirban.s...@gmail.com
Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for your reply. Your suggestion did work for me.