Motus server issue?

andyj...@gmail.com

May 26, 2022, 1:25:18 PM5/26/22
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
Hey all,

It seems like many receivers haven't updated on the motus website since 5/22. Is this a known issue? Is there an expected date for things to be back online?

Andy Boyce

Josh Sayers

May 26, 2022, 1:26:31 PM5/26/22
to Motus Wildlife Tracking System
Thanks Andy, yes we noticed this this morning as well.

We haven't identified the source of the problem but we're on it.

Denis Lepage

May 26, 2022, 5:53:16 PM5/26/22
to motu...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andy,

The processing got stalled last week for 2 unrelated issues. Data from 18-22 May should now be caught up, and data from 22 May onwards are now being processed. In both cases, I believe this would have only impacted CTT tag detections, not Lotek’s. I expect that the missing data should start being available at some point later tonight or tomorrow, and it may be 1-2 days in total to be fully caught up, as there is a bit of a backlog.

Cheers

Denis Lepage

Denis Lepage dle...@birdscanada.org

Senior Director, Data Science and Technology

Birds Canada

PO Box 160, Port Rowan, ON N0E 1M0

519-586-3531 x155

--
The Motus Wildlife Tracking System (Motus) is an international collaborative research network that uses coordinated automated radio telemetry to facilitate research and education on the ecology and conservation of migratory animals. Motus is a program of Birds Canada in partnership with collaborating researchers and organizations. Learn more at https://motus.org
---