eggwm QT5 fully window manager working

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 20, 2014, 12:51:21 PM5/20/14
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
the eggwm https://github.com/xiangzhai/eggwm window manager
was complety ported to qt5..
but and his mantainer now collaborate to lxqt proyect port to qt5

the commits are only for porting, bugs persists..

seems that mantainer on github only made port bindings
the new qt5 port seems are compatible with Wayland, and X11 & XCB
maybe due now his are working on lxqt proyect envet eggwm for qt5...

in future, this can be a good start point for window manager..

but in my opinion our window manager must be omnipresent,
and actions/buttons must be in the lower border of desktop space..
this made easy to implement in embebed devices
and mark standar compiland with smart devices..

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jan 16, 2015, 2:11:38 PM1/16/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
again in this topic, now eggwm  compiles in qt5 and also qt4, i tested

i think its good for window manager, i asked to mantainer to join forces and work togeder, an little help its good right alexis?

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)

Alexis Lopez Zubieta

Jan 16, 2015, 2:26:50 PM1/16/15
to PICCORO McKAY Lenz, moonl...@googlegroups.com
Wow that's just great! Having a slim wm wirten with Qt5 is crucial to have a full Qt5 lightweight DE.
Let's wait for it's response.

Thanks PICCORO!!!

De: "PICCORO McKAY Lenz" <mckayg...@gmail.com>
Para: moonl...@googlegroups.com
Enviados: Viernes, 16 de Enero 2015 14:11:37
Asunto: [moonlightde] Re: eggwm QT5 fully window manager working
--
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "MoonLight Desktop Environment" de Grupos de Google.
Para anular la suscripción a este grupo y dejar de recibir sus mensajes, envía un correo electrónico a moonlightde...@googlegroups.com.

--
Eng. Alexis López Zubieta
Nova Light Development Team

XII Aniversario de la creación de la Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas. 12 años de historia junto a Fidel. 12 de diciembre de 2014.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jan 17, 2015, 12:53:36 PM1/17/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
hi alexis.. i found that guy are some busy.. but have several apps in qt5 and qt4, maybe this can be take in consideration agains thoses in lxqt desktop as folks..  due are more lighter rather!

currently seems that this gauy are ported some qt4 apps to qt5 due works for kde team. remenber that now kde5 will separate and follow same politic as was razorqt or lxde in past!

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jan 19, 2015, 9:43:36 AM1/19/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
important notice, xiangzhai shows interest in the project... https://github.com/xiangzhai/eggwm/issues/1#issuecomment-70404152

that guy port some apps as practice not as real work.. but said that will fix some issues...

i think that web page must be update to reflect those differences of moonlight desktop respect others projects

Alexis Lopez Zubieta

Jan 19, 2015, 12:42:37 PM1/19/15
to PICCORO McKAY Lenz, moonl...@googlegroups.com
Those are great news! Having a WM that fits our needs and doesn't add any extra "functionalities" like applications menu management or something else will be great.
By the way as my friends here are a bit busy with their semester exams I'm dedicating some time to make a detailed architectural design of the desktop in order to identify and distribute the development tasks.

Cheers

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Feb 27, 2015, 12:46:26 PM2/27/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
eggwm its so minimalist that only produces an only binary file to excecute, no libs either config files.. of course u can provide a config file for specific setting (i think must parse)
for compile this eggwm with qt5 on debian must parse as:

QT_SELECT=5 qmake -makefile EggWM.pro
make
su make install

for qt4 must change QT_SELECT=4

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)

Ludwig Causilla

Feb 27, 2015, 3:15:39 PM2/27/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
[offtopic] Alexis recibí la notificación de Twitter sobre que me estás siguiendo pero desafortunadamente mi couta mensual se me agotó asi que tendré que esperar hasta marzo para poder hacerte el FollowBack [/offtopic]

Alexis i have received the Twitter notification about you're following me at Twitter unfortunely my monthly account in on red numbers (cero) so i have to wait until next month to make you an Followback.

--
Ludwig Causilla Leyva
Ing. en Ciencias Informáticas.

________________________________________________________________ XII Edicion del Evento Nacional de Informatica para Jovenes. INFOCLUB. Abril. 2015. Ver www.jovenclub.cu ________________________________________________________________

y se considera que está limpio.
MailScanner agradece a transtec Computers por su apoyo.