Help needed: Panel settings UI!

Alexis Lopez Zubieta

Feb 19, 2015, 3:24:21 PM2/19/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
Hello:
I would like to hear your opinions about how we should access and display the panel settings.
1.1 Right click in the panel, shows the whole panel settings.
1.2 Right click in the panel, shows the pluggin settings.

2 Right click in the panel and show a menu just like the current lxqt implementation.

Also i would like to ask you if you prefer to see the panel settings in a floating window or in a side panel.

Other ideas are wellcome.

Best

--
Eng. Alexis López Zubieta
Nova Light Team Leader

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Feb 19, 2015, 5:26:49 PM2/19/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
1) from point of view of user: like kde3 does i prefered!

2) from point of view of programmer: just like lxqt does! more easy to mantain and follow changes between projects!

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)

--
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "MoonLight Desktop Environment" de Grupos de Google.
Para anular la suscripción a este grupo y dejar de recibir sus mensajes, envía un correo electrónico a moonlightde...@googlegroups.com.

Ludwig Causilla

Feb 20, 2015, 9:32:36 AM2/20/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
Si tuviera que escoger en la forma que me gustaría se comportara mi entorno me gustaría algo mas bien tradicional o sea... click derecho en el panel y me salga toda el menú de LXQt Panel con un apartado para el acceso a las propiedades. Una vez que se de click sobre ese apartado se abra una ventana flotante con las opciones.

Saludos desde Abreus, Cienfuegos, Cuba

If i have to choice the way i like the behavior of the enviroment i take something "traditional". Right click on the panel to show a menu with an option to Panel Settings then if i make click on the Panel Settings the enviroment show a floating windows with de options.

Greetings  from Abreus, Cienfuegos, Cuba

PD: Sorry my bad english but i preffer not to use any traslator program like Google Traslator or any else.

El 19/02/15 15:24, Alexis Lopez Zubieta escribió:
Hello:
I would like to hear your opinions about how we should access and display the panel settings.
1.1 Right click in the panel, shows the whole panel settings.
1.2 Right click in the panel, shows the pluggin settings.

2 Right click in the panel and show a menu just like the current lxqt implementation.

Also i would like to ask you if you prefer to see the panel settings in a floating window or in a side panel.

Other ideas are wellcome.

Best

--
Ludwig Causilla Leyva
Ing. en Ciencias Informáticas.

________________________________________________________________ XII Edicion del Evento Nacional de Informatica para Jovenes. INFOCLUB. Abril. 2015. Ver www.jovenclub.cu ________________________________________________________________

y se considera que está limpio.
MailScanner agradece a transtec Computers por su apoyo.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Feb 20, 2015, 1:16:13 PM2/20/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
as ludwing castilla said, the users that already have desktop like kde3, gnome2 or win98 always goes to the traditional way...

i already send my desktop ideas in separate threat some time ago.. its radically but very consise and usefully, in the simple way!

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)

--
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "MoonLight Desktop Environment" de Grupos de Google.
Para anular la suscripción a este grupo y dejar de recibir sus mensajes, envía un correo electrónico a moonlightde...@googlegroups.com.
Para publicar en este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a moonl...@googlegroups.com.
Para ver esta conversación en el sitio web, visita https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moonlightde/54E74577.4010504%40cfg.jovenclub.cu.
Para acceder a más opciones, visita https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Alexis Lopez Zubieta

Feb 20, 2015, 7:30:27 PM2/20/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
Ok, well actually this is something that is taking us a littler effort. I'm recosidering to deliver an static panel that only allows you to activate and deactivate widgets. In order to focus on the file manager. What do you think ?

De: "PICCORO McKAY Lenz" <mckayg...@gmail.com>
Para: moonl...@googlegroups.com
Enviados: Viernes, 20 de Febrero 2015 13:16:13
Asunto: [MASSMAIL]Re: [moonlightde] Help needed: Panel settings UI!

Para acceder a más opciones, visita https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Feb 21, 2015, 1:19:32 PM2/21/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
Ok, well actually this is something that is taking us a littler effort. I'm recosidering to
this consecuense i posted in second mail: "from point of view of programmer: just like lxqt does! more easy to mantain and follow changes between projects!"

deliver an static panel that only allows you to activate and deactivate widgets. In order to focus on the file manager. What do you think ?
of course.. specially if there are very few manpowers

i think that users that wants a panel in "x" formt must also involucrate in the development at leas in a 20%

but remenber alexis, i posted my readicall desing some time ago.. in near future where the embebed and tabled devices will domain .. that must be reconsidered!

Who!

Feb 23, 2015, 2:52:07 PM2/23/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
ok i just end the test on kwin and is not good for us so we shoud stick
whit openbox
ED

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Feb 23, 2015, 3:38:28 PM2/23/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
ovbiously results, now lest get clear: openbox its not qt5, we should use eggwm that already are in qt5

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)

El 23 de febrero de 2015, 3:20 p. m., Who!<eep...@estudiantes.uci.cu> escribió:
ok i just end the test on kwin and is not good for us so we shoud stick whit openbox
ED
--
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "MoonLight Desktop Environment" de Grupos de Google.

Who!

Feb 23, 2015, 6:06:40 PM2/23/15
to moonl...@googlegroups.com
i will look in to it later tonigth
ED

Para ver este debate en la Web, visita https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moonlightde/54EB8491.8090505%40estudiantes.uci.cu.
Para obtener más opciones, visita https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "MoonLight Desktop Environment" de Grupos de Google.
Para anular la suscripción a este grupo y dejar de recibir sus mensajes, envía un correo electrónico a moonlightde...@googlegroups.com.
Para publicar en este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a moonl...@googlegroups.com.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Feb 24, 2015, 10:55:33 AM2/24/15