mongoclient-gd.dll is missing from your computer

sandr...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2016, 8:35:08 AM4/26/16
to mongodb-user
I am trying to get the mongodb c++ legacy driver running.

Here are some facts:
1. I am working with Visual Studio 2013.
2. I have installed a pre built boost Windows binary (boost_1_55_0-msvc-12.0-32.exe). The boost library is working and the folder path is specified in visual studio.
3. I have installed mongodb (version 3.2) and it is working fine. I can access my mongo database from the shell.
4. I have installed the mongoDB driver using the following commands:

scons $ARGS install
scons $ARGS install --dbg=on
scons $ARGS install --dynamic-windows --sharedclient
scons $ARGS install --dynamic-windows --sharedclient --dbg=on

All the library files are in the appropriate folders and the libraries paths are specified in visual studio.

5. I can load the mongo db header
#include "mongo/client/dbclient.h"
without an error.

6. If I try
mongo::client::initialize();
I get the following error message:
'The program can't start because mongocllient-gd.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.'

Does anybody know what is going on here? Why can I load the dbclient but not initialize the client?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Andrew Morrow

Apr 26, 2016, 8:43:23 AM4/26/16
to mongod...@googlegroups.com

I get the following error message:
'The program can't start because mongocllient-gd.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.'

If that is the actual message, then it looks like you have a typo - there is an extra 'l' in the library name.

If that is just a typo, then my next questions would be:

- Does the install directory for the C++ driver actually contain mongoclient-gd.dll?
- Is the install directory for the C++ driver in the PATH when your executable is run? The header include can work fine at build time with a properly configured include path, but at runtime the DLL must be able to be found by your application according to the DLL search rules:

Thanks,
Andrew

sandr...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2016, 11:53:57 PM4/28/16
to mongodb-user
Thanks Andrew! Indeed, Visual Studio was unaware of the DDL files at runtime. I have copied them into the .exe directory and it works fine now.