What happens if the database is not available?

Victor Caballero

Aug 4, 2017, 7:58:29 AM8/4/17
to mongodb-user
Hello,

I'm using the mongodb scala driver and I'm concerned about what happens if the database is not available or there is an error during a db operation. For example, I had an observable print something when there is an error (onError method) while inserting something with the db shutted down, but the method is never called. Shouldn't an exception be thrown at the time I get a MongoConnection? Or the onError method called when I send an operation to a shutted down db?