Do I need to purchase MongoDB product before I publish in production server?

Chandrasekar Kesavan

May 9, 2016, 7:26:46 AM5/9/16
to mongodb-user
   We are developing a website with Asp.Net MVC 5, EF Code First and MS-SQL. I'm planning to use MongoDB to store user message and chat history. In MongoDB download center I choose  Community version to download.
I would like to know whether we need to purchase MongoDB product before I publish the application in production server?
In MongoDB website there is no information about the subscription.

Thanks,
Chandru

Derick Rethans

May 9, 2016, 3:35:00 PM5/9/16
to mongodb-user
You can use the Community version in production.

If you want support, or some of our additional tools, such as Ops
Manager (https://www.mongodb.com/products/ops-manager) or Compas
(https://www.mongodb.com/products/compass), you need to purchase the
Enterprise version.

cheers,