In-Memory storage engine source and custom engine

DH

May 9, 2016, 3:02:07 PM5/9/16
to mongodb-user
I have a couple questions:

1) I downloaded the Enterprise version but only binaries are available.  The source tree download version does not have the In-Memory code.  Is the In-Memory source code available for public anywhere?

2) I have a special memory-like block device and want to implement a simple storage engine (no caching needed) using direct I/O to the block device, would implementing the Storage Engine API be the best way to go or is there a better way to leverage an existing implementation (i.e. by changing file operations open/read/write to do that)?

Thanks,
DH

Asya Kamsky

May 9, 2016, 3:45:16 PM5/9/16
to mongodb-user
DH,

Since inMemory storage engine is part of Enterprise, the source code for it is not available publicly.

You might want to ask the second question on the mongodb-dev Google group which is for questions about developing MongoDB itself (which this definitely qualifies for).

Asya

Asya Kamsky
Lead Product Manager
MongoDB
Download MongoDB - mongodb.org/downloads
Free MongoDB Monitoring - cloud.mongodb.com
Free Online Education - university.mongodb.com
Get Involved - mongodb.org/community
We're Hiring! - https://www.mongodb.com/careers