Mongo aggregate fails?

Damon Casale

Apr 17, 2016, 7:22:04 PM4/17/16
to mongodb-user
I'm unable to run a Mongo aggregate command.  It prints "..." in the command shell and never finishes.  Even explain stalls.

I'm trying to do this:

db.listings.aggregate([{$group: {'_id': {AssignedNeighborhood: $AssignedNeighborhood}, 'count': {$sum: 1}}], {explain: true})

What am I doing wrong?  Please help.

Mongo version is 2.6.11.  And yes, I have an index on AssignedNeighborhood.

Damon

Asya Kamsky

Apr 18, 2016, 12:08:54 AM4/18/16
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
You don't have enough closing braces } you need one more before ]

The ... means it's waiting for more input.

Asya Kamsky
Lead Product Manager
MongoDB
Download MongoDB - mongodb.org/downloads
Free MongoDB Monitoring - cloud.mongodb.com
Free Online Education - university.mongodb.com
Get Involved - mongodb.org/community
We're Hiring! - https://www.mongodb.com/careers