Re: [mongodb-user] Digest for mongodb-user@googlegroups.com - 10 updates in 10 topics

Shlok M

Sep 13, 2015, 2:29:43 PM9/13/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Any people developing in Erlang / Elixir for Mongo Db?

Pls connect

Shlok
9769036234

On 12-Sep-2015 8:26 pm, <mongod...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Sushant Prusty <susha...@gmail.com>: Sep 12 03:22AM -0700

Can I use ephemeral storage in aws for installation of mongodb in cluster.
I wish to lower down the cost.
Setti Mahesh <sett...@gmail.com>: Sep 12 01:11AM -0700

I am planning to design schema for category(like flipkart category). any
best suggestion for scalable schema?

i have went through Model Tree structure but non of those methods not
scalable.(http://docs.mongodb.org/master/applications/data-models-tree-structures/)
update and delete operations are very limited :(

Need good expert discussion... welcome all.
Setti Mahesh <sett...@gmail.com>: Sep 11 11:20PM -0700

I have a collection like below.

db.cat2.insert({_id:"books", categories: null})
db.cat2.insert({_id:"programming", categories: [{_id : "books"}]})
db.cat2.insert({_id:"languages", categories: [{_id : "books"}, {_id :
"programming"}]})
db.cat2.insert({_id:"databases", categories: [{_id : "books"}, {_id :
"programming"}]})
db.cat2.insert({_id:"mongodb", categories: [{_id : "books"}, {_id :
"programming"}, {_id : "databases"}]})
db.cat2.insert({_id:"dbm", categories: [{_id : "books"}, {_id :
"programming"}, {_id : "databases"}]})

I am trying to update categories with below queries
db.cat2.update({"categories._id":"databases"},
{$set{"categories._id":"dbs"}}, false, true)
db.cat2.update({"categories._id":"databases"},
{$set{categories{_id:"dbs"}}}, false, true)

Non of those are not working, is there any other way to update categories?
sallgeud <sall...@gmail.com>: Sep 11 04:32PM -0700

It'll certainly work. With the right hardware and properly threaded
inserting, it could work on 1 system, but you'll probably want more.

It seems like what you really have is the most raw form of a key/value
store, if A is unique. If not, you may still benefit from a less capable
system, as your query and data is so simple. You could fairly easily make a
SQL database do what you want as well, so this isn't a problem that Mongo
will help with beyond the fact that if your data gets bigger, you'll want
sharding / scaling capabilities that are much easier in Mongo than in SQL
databases (mysql being the easiest, but still painful).

Our company has worked with sql, couchbase, elastic.co, redis, memcache and
many other key value stores. We prefer mongo, but it's not always the
answer. Nearly all of those would probably also work. These are all also
very easy to test. I suggest running performance test on a few of them with
a sample of your data and choosing the one that works best.

On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 8:21:57 PM UTC-5, Razvan T wrote:
Emily S <emily....@10gen.com>: Sep 11 01:57PM -0700

The MongoDB Ruby team is happy to announce the release of Mongoid 5.0.0,
which uses the official MongoDB Ruby driver (version 2.1.0).
Starting with 5.0.0, Mongoid is officially supported by MongoDB Inc. with a
dedicated team.

Mongoid can be installed from RubyGems. Note that it will install the
newly-released Ruby driver v2.1.0, as it's a dependency:

> gem install mongoid

If you find any issues with Mongoid version >= 5.0.0, please open a ticket
in its JIRA project:
https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/MONGOID

Thanks
Emily and Durran
Emily S <emily....@10gen.com>: Sep 11 12:14PM -0700

Hi

Calling #to_a on the MapReduce object will return the result documents of
the MR operation in an array. What do you mean they are unnecessary garbage
Ruby objects; what are you expecting to get from the MR operation?
You could execute the command directly with the Database#command method, if
that's what you're looking for.

Emily

On Monday, September 7, 2015 at 6:47:00 AM UTC-4, cloudstrife wrote:
Emily S <emily....@10gen.com>: Sep 11 12:01PM -0700

There are no consequences, you just won't have published events for
commands sent to the server that can be subscribed to. You can see more
information on monitoring here:

http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/tutorial/ruby-driver-tutorial/#monitoring

Emily

On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 7:47:53 AM UTC-4, cloudstrife wrote:
Emily S <emily....@10gen.com>: Sep 11 10:54AM -0700

Hi

You can keep the pipeline exactly the same and pass it to the
Collection#aggregate method when upgrading to 2.1.0 from 1.8.2. Can you
tell me what the difference in the result set is with an example so I can
investigate?

Thanks
Emily

On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 6:59:22 AM UTC-4, cloudstrife wrote:
John De Goes <jo...@degoes.net>: Sep 11 09:13AM -0700

In SlamData <http://slamdata.com>, you would express this query with
something like:

SELECT * FROM collection
WHERE Features[0] BETWEEN 0 AND 5 AND
Features[1] BETWEEN 2 AND 20

Note that MongoDB currently lacks a way to efficiently execute this query
in the aggregation pipeline, because 3.0 is missing an array element
selection operator. So if you execute this query in SlamData, it will
fallback to MapReduce (and there's no way I'm posting that code, you can
check out the compilation using the tool).

That said, 3.2 will have an $arrayElemAt operator which can efficiently
express such queries.

Regards,

John

On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 1:31:27 AM UTC-6, Estanislao Oubel wrote:
Mohamed Ayoub Benjelloun <benjell...@gmail.com>: Sep 11 08:39AM -0700

PS : It can also be fixed by changing the storage.wiredTiger.engineConfig.
cacheSizeGB
<http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/reference/configuration-options/#storage.wiredTiger.engineConfig.cacheSizeGB>
value in your /etc/mongod.conf file

Le jeudi 10 septembre 2015 21:45:08 UTC+1, Mohamed Ayoub Benjelloun a