PHP driver not loading

Anirudh Mathukumilli

Sep 10, 2015, 5:08:03 PM9/10/15
to mongodb-user
I am on PHP 5.6.12, and have the latest version of the Mongo php driver. However, even after doing the pecl install and adding the extension=mongo.so line to my php.ini file, php will not load the mongo module.

What am I doing wrong?

Tim Hawkins

Sep 10, 2015, 8:11:58 PM9/10/15
to mongodb-user

Did you restart the web server?

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015, 05:08 Anirudh Mathukumilli <anirudh.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am on PHP 5.6.12, and have the latest version of the Mongo php driver. However, even after doing the pecl install and adding the extension=mongo.so line to my php.ini file, php will not load the mongo module.

What am I doing wrong?

Jeremy Mikola

Sep 10, 2015, 8:19:18 PM9/10/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Tim Hawkins <tim.th...@gmail.com> wrote:

Did you restart the web server?

I would also suggest you confirm that the appropriate INI file was modified (e.g. CLI vs. web). phpinfo(INFO_GENERAL) should report the main INI file and all additional files loaded by the runtime.

Tim Hawkins

Sep 10, 2015, 8:24:43 PM9/10/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com

Another thing to check, if you are using mongo-php with fpm or fcgi sapi, on nginx etc, you have to restart  the php server process, not the webserver, on apache with mod_php restarting the web server is suffient.

$php - m | grep mongo

Should tell you if the ini is setup ok as it should list mongo as a loaded module.