Config server shared between sharded clusters

Jacek Radzikowski

Aug 7, 2017, 10:26:21 PM8/7/17
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
[Apologies if the message is a repeat of my post from yesterday, but I can't see it anywhere on the group, and it looks like it has not been properly posted]

Hello,

I have a sharded MongoDB cluster, with config serever configured as a replica set of 4 nodes. All cluster components use MongoDB v. 3.4.6.
I would like to add another cluster using separate storage shards from the first one, but I would like to use the same config server RS for both of them.
Is such configuration possible, or should I use separate RS for the other cluster config server?

Thanks,
Jacek.

--
Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier

Stephen Steneker

Aug 16, 2017, 12:18:38 AM8/16/17
to mongodb-user
On Tuesday, 8 August 2017 12:26:21 UTC+10, Jacek Radzikowski wrote:
[Apologies if the message is a repeat of my post from yesterday, but I can't see it anywhere on the group, and it looks like it has not been properly posted]

Hi Jacek,

FYI, both messages were posted.

I've replied to the original discussion you started:

Regards,
Stennie