mango db size limit ?

bernard granier

Apr 23, 2016, 10:23:47 PM4/23/16
to mongodb-user
I am looking to use MangoDB to store a huge amount of records : between 12 and 15 billions. Is it possible to store this number of docuements in mangoDB ?

 I saw on the net, that there are limits for : document size, indexe size, number of elements in collection. But is there a limit in terms of number of records ?

This thread seems to say that there is no limit, is it the case ?

Markus Thielsch

Apr 29, 2016, 1:55:34 AM4/29/16
to mongodb-user

Hi bernard,

As already mentioned in the other thread please have a read of the MongoDB Limits and Thresholds.

Not taking performance into account - the limit for storing documents is set by the amount of disk space and RAM you have. The ability of MongoDB to scale out is only restricted by this.

Also have a look at MongoDB at Scale where there are some examples where users have grown from single server deployments to clusters with over 1000 nodes, delivering millions of operations per second on over 100 billion documents and petabytes of data.

Regards,
Markus