Can not start mongod

Dung Tran

Aug 4, 2017, 9:22:57 AM8/4/17
to mongodb-user
Hello,
   I got this message when I started mongo db
"[initandlisten] Detected data files in /data/db created by the 'wiredTiger' storage engine, so setting the active storage engine to 'wiredTiger'."  . Could you suggest on how could I resolve it?
I did google search and someone adviced that I should remove the mongod.pid and mongod.log and granted permission to mongod to the data folder. However , it is confusing because mongod was not running so mongod pid did not exist ; there fore the advise is not applicable.
 So please suggest a way on how to resoleve it.
Many thanks!

Kevin Adistambha

Aug 6, 2017, 6:25:21 PM8/6/17
to mongodb-user

Hi,

“[initandlisten] Detected data files in /data/db created by the ‘wiredTiger’ storage engine, so setting the active storage engine to ‘wiredTiger’.”

This message is basically saying that you have an existing data in the /data/db folder, which was created by the WiredTiger storage engine. It is not an error message.

Could you post a more complete log showing the exact error that happened? Additionally, could you post:

  • Your MongoDB and your OS version
  • How did you install MongoDB
  • What command line parameters you use to start the mongod process
  • The content of any configuration files

Best regards,
Kevin