Agreggation in Mongo Data API ...

Oscar themacboy

Feb 9, 2016, 4:40:36 AM2/9/16
to mongodb-user
Hello !

Im new in mongodb and very noob in all other stuff.

Actualy Im learning to use database and choosed MongoDB, for my work I need to use MongoLab Data API.

Unfortunatelly Im not understanding a lot of thinks, for example hot to so and agreggation in DATA API.

Can someone send me any example?

Thanks in Advance.

Stephen Steneker

Feb 9, 2016, 5:00:58 AM2/9/16
to mongodb-user

On Tuesday, 9 February 2016 20:40:36 UTC+11, Oscar themacboy wrote:

Im new in mongodb and very noob in all other stuff.

Actualy Im learning to use database and choosed MongoDB, for my work I need to use MongoLab Data API.

Unfortunatelly Im not understanding a lot of thinks, for example hot to so and agreggation in DATA API.

Hi Oscar,

I don’t believe the MongoLab Data API currently supports aggregation. The Data API provides a more limited (and less secure) interface than connecting using one of the available MongoDB drivers. For questions on using MongoLab, you should also be able to open a support ticket directly with MongoLab.

As per the MongoLab Data API documentation:

The first method - the one we strongly recommend - is to connect using one of the available MongoDB drivers. You do not need to use our API if you use the driver. In fact, using a driver provides better performance, better security, and more functionality.

All of the officially supported drivers will allow you to write queries for the Aggregation Framework. See MongoDB Drivers and the relevant tutorial for your language driver of choice.

You could also try working through the Getting Started guide which has available editions for several languages (Node.js, C#, Java, Python, …) as well as the mongo administrative shell.

For a more in-depth introduction to MongoDB I would highly recommend the free online courses offered via MongoDB University. The next round of M101 developer courses begins in mid-March or you can start any time on M101X (Introduction to MongoDB using the MEAN Stack) if that is of interest. For more information, see the Online Course Schedule.

If you are still having difficulties, let us know what versions you are using for MongoDB server, operating system, and driver so we can provide more specific suggestions.

Regards,
Stephen

Oscar themacboy

Apr 20, 2016, 6:02:46 AM4/20/16
to mongodb-user
Oh! Im working in Google App Script, and there is no driver to use it.

Now started learning Java and MongoDB java driver.

Thx !

El dimarts, 9 febrer de 2016 10:40:36 UTC+1, Oscar themacboy va escriure: