Mongos abrupt shutdown - Very frequent, Mongo DB version 3.2.4

pavan....@outlook.com

May 3, 2016, 11:15:06 AM5/3/16
to mongodb-user
We are running  3Shard Mongo Cluster in our lab - QA environment before we go live.

The configuration is simple and straightforward.

3 shard system  -  each shard with its replica systems - 3 servers, 2 backing each other and the 3rd one as arbiter.

The config server is running in a non replica set mode, given the setup is experimental.

Mongos is running on its own instance.

All servers are in AWS

3 - Shard System : M3.Medium - 4 Core/15 Gig

failover and Arbiter on a lower configuration

Config Server on a M3.Medium - 4 Core/15Gig

Mongos Server on a t2.Medium  - diskless

Mongos seems to be shutting down with no details or errors .  All we see in the log is

 Can't use connection pool during shutdown
2016-05-03T04:43:02.586+0000 I SHARDING [signalProcessingThread] dbexit:  rc:0

1) What is not clear from this message is, is the app trying to get a connection and Mongos can't serve it ?

2) Is Mongo unable to get connections from Config Server ?  -- No indication of errors or whatsoever in the logs ..

3)  Is Mongos failing to get connections to Shard Servers ? ---  There is no such indication in any of the shard logs ..

Has anybody faced similar situation with Mongo Cluster ?  We are going to move the mongos to a multiple servers for redundancy, most likely deploy Mongos on multiple app servers and load balance it.   We would however like to know what may be causing the shutdown.

Thanks

Rhys Campbell

May 17, 2016, 9:04:21 AM5/17/16
to mongodb-user
Check your /var/log/messages or equivalent. Perhaps the OOM killer is being invoked.