my mongod stopped working and started outputting :The default storage engine 'wiredTiger' is not available with this build of mongod. Please specify a different storage engine explicitly, e.g. --storageEngine=mmapv1., terminating

David Timerman

Dec 15, 2015, 6:40:54 AM12/15/15
to mongodb-user
i'm running mongod in the cmd (windows 10)

it was working fine until today it started outputting this and failing :

"The default storage engine 'wiredTiger' is not available with this build of mongod. Please specify a different storage engine explicitly, e.g. --storageEngine=mmapv1., terminating"

I've tried to specify a different storage engine as suggested , but that one won't start either ,

please help me figure out what am i doing / thinking wrong

thanks in advance.

Wan Bachtiar

Dec 16, 2015, 1:15:29 AM12/16/15
to mongodb-user

Hi David,

Can you provide the following:

  • MongoDB version you are running.
  • MongoDB deployment topology (i.e. standalone, replica set, sharded cluster).
  • Arguments or config file that you use to start mongod.

Regards,

Wan.

supriy...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2016, 3:07:16 PM4/27/16
to mongodb-user

:
i'm running mongod in the cmd (windows 7 32-bit computer)

It is showing 28663 cant start server and
"The default storage engine 'wiredTiger' is not available with this build of mongod. Please specify a different storage engine explicitly, e.g. --storageEngine=mmapv1., terminating"

please help me to server to run.

thanks in advance.

error.JPG

Edgar Watson

Apr 27, 2016, 3:18:52 PM4/27/16
to mongodb-user
From the manual:

In addition, the 32-bit versions of MongoDB have the following limitations:

  • 32-bit versions of MongoDB do not support the WiredTiger storage engine.
  • 32-bit builds disable journaling by default because journaling further limits the maximum amount of data that the database can store.
  • When running a 32-bit build of MongoDB, the total storage size for the server, including data and indexes, is 2 gigabytes. For this reason, do not deploy MongoDB to production on 32-bit machines.
If you’re running a 64-bit build of MongoDB, there’s virtually no limit to storage size. For production deployments, 64-bit builds and operating systems are strongly recommended.