Text Search - Chinese

Alan Sydney

May 3, 2016, 2:35:05 AM5/3/16
to mongodb-user
I am using MongoDB 3.2.3,  Ubuntu 14.04

From you document, the MongoDB 3.2 support Chinese Text Searching:
I am just wondering is this function just supported in Enterprise version?
And I search a lot about enterprise price, however I didn't get it. could you send me the price chart about it?
If I want to use Chinese Text Searching, do I need to reset my database's characters encoding? how to do that ?

Stephen Steneker

May 3, 2016, 4:48:11 PM5/3/16
to mongodb-user

On Tuesday, 3 May 2016 16:35:05 UTC+10, Alan Sydney wrote:

From you document, the MongoDB 3.2 support Chinese Text Searching:
https://docs.mongodb.org/manual/reference/text-search-languages/
I am just wondering is this function just supported in Enterprise version?

Hi Alan,

As noted in the documentation, MongoDB 3.2 Enterprise supports some additional languages in text search using the Basis Technology Rosette Linguistics Platform (RLP) SDK. The extra languages are currently Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Farsi (specifically Dari and Iranian Persian dialects), and Urdu. These require MongoDB Enterprise and appropriate RLP licenses.

If I want to use Chinese Text Searching, do I need to reset my database’s characters encoding? how to do that ?

MongoDB currently stores all data in UTF-8, which supports Chinese character encoding. The specific feature enabled by RLP is full text search (stemming, word/sentence breaking, ..) which is an indexing & query option.

Assuming you have the appropriate RLP prerequisites (license & SDK) installed, you are able to specify a language for text search using the three letter RLP code (as per Text Search Languages).

And I search a lot about enterprise price, however I didn’t get it. could you send me the price chart about it?

For pricing discussion you’ll have to contact an Account Executive. The best path would be via https://www.mongodb.com/contact, but if you contact me off list I can also pass on your contact details.

Regards,
Stephen