Can we use mongo recommended snapshot i.e LVM snapshot across versions?

Nikhil R

Aug 31, 2015, 7:33:56 AM8/31/15
to mongodb-user
Can we use mongo recommended snapshot i.e LVM snapshot across versions? i.e snapshot taken from v2.4.10 and restore it to v3.0.4.
 We have tested the same and this works. Is this recommended by mongo?

Asya Kamsky

Sep 1, 2015, 1:50:15 AM9/1/15
to mongodb-user
For data files for regular mongod's yes. However, it may be more
complex for configdb - there you can use mongodump instead (since it's
a relatively small dataset).