Host Mapping to new AWS EC2 instance

Mauricio Tollin

May 7, 2016, 12:52:50 AM5/7/16
to mongodb-user
I've tried to perform some changes on an AWS EC2 instance, and it went wrong.
But before it, I created an Image from this instance. Now I recovered a new Instance from this image.

The problem now is that the MongoDB isn't mapping this instance, and I think is because now it have different private IP.
When I go to Host Mapping, I see that the mdb-2.xxxxxxxxxx.mongodbdns.com:27000 is mapping to the previous instance private IP, not the new one.

How can I add or change a host mapping on MongoDB Cloud?

Thanks!

Wan Bachtiar

May 18, 2016, 2:44:10 AM5/18/16
to mongodb-user

How can I add or change a host mapping on MongoDB Cloud?

Hi Mauricio,

You can’t edit the host mapping values manually. The values are reported by the monitoring agent

Although you could try to remove the host mappings, and the monitoring agents should be able to re-populate the values again.

If you still have any questions in regards to your deployments host mappings, I would recommend to contact Cloud Support.

Best regards,

Wan.