MongoDB Connector for Hadoop Installation - Conflicting documentation.

Pradeeban Kathiravelu

Apr 23, 2016, 8:56:30 AM4/23/16
to mongodb-user
Hi All,
I am trying to install the MongoDB connector for Hadoop.

[1] mentions, I need to have MongoDB java driver [2] installed in Hadoop's class path, as well as mongo-hadoop-core.jar.
The MongoDB java driver points to mongodb-driver.jar (3.2.2).

However, the FAQ [3] very clearly indicates:
* mongo-hadoop-core.jar and mongo-java-driver.jar are on Hadoop's CLASSPATH and Hive/Pig/Spark's CLASSPATH.
*

You do not have other Java driver artifacts on any of your CLASSPATHs. For example:

  • mongodb-driver.jar

So this is conflicting.

Now my question is, which jar should I have in the Hadoop class path in addition to the mongo-hadoop-core.jar?

Is it mongo-java-driver.jar (known as "uber" jar, version 2.14.2), or is it mongodb-driver.jar (3.2.2)?

[1] https://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/tools/hadoop/
[2] http://mongodb.github.io/mongo-java-driver/?_ga=1.148413170.413454862.1459439927
[3] https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-hadoop/wiki/FAQ

Thank you.
Regards,
Pradeeban.

Luke Lovett

Apr 25, 2016, 1:06:50 PM4/25/16
to mongodb-user
You should use the latest uber-jar "mongo-java-driver.jar" in addition to the relevant Hadoop jars.