Unable to install Mongo 2.6 on Ubuntu: downloads-distro.mongodb.org is down

Alexey Baturin

Apr 28, 2016, 5:11:37 AM4/28/16
to mongodb-user
Hello,

I'm not able to install to install Mongo 2.6 on Ubuntu: downloads-distro.mongodb.org seems to be down.
I follow https://docs.mongodb.org/v2.6/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-ubuntu/ for installation instructions.
Could you please help?

$ apt-get update

W: Failed to fetch http://downloads-distro.mongodb.org/repo/ubuntu-upstart/dists/dist/InRelease

W: Failed to fetch http://downloads-distro.mongodb.org/repo/ubuntu-upstart/dists/dist/Release.gpg  Unable to connect to downloads-distro.mongodb.org:http:

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Stephen Steneker

Apr 28, 2016, 5:17:57 AM4/28/16
to mongodb-user
On Thursday, 28 April 2016 19:11:37 UTC+10, Alexey Baturin wrote:
I'm not able to install to install Mongo 2.6 on Ubuntu: downloads-distro.mongodb.org seems to be down.
I follow https://docs.mongodb.org/v2.6/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-ubuntu/ for installation instructions.

Hi Alexey,

There appears to be an issue with downloads-distro.mongodb.org at the moment; we're looking into it.

This was also reported as SERVER-23962, so I'd suggest watching that issue in Jira for faster updates since there are a few threads in the mongodb-user forum.

We'll post a reply here as well when the problem is resolved.

Regards,
Stephen

Stephen Steneker

Apr 28, 2016, 6:02:37 AM4/28/16
to mongodb-user
Hi Alexey,

The issue with downloads-distro.mongodb.org has now been resolved.

Regards,
Stephen

Alexey Baturin

Apr 28, 2016, 6:12:03 AM4/28/16